- The Immaculate ConceptionWed, Dec 08Saint Aelred Catholic ChurchDec 08, 6:00 PMSaint Aelred Catholic Church, 4951 Macon Hwy, Bishop, GA 30621, USAMass 6 PM. A HOLY DAY OF OBLIGATION. St. Mary was, from the first moment of her conception, by a singular grace and privilege of almighty God and by virtue of the merits of Jesus Christ, Savior of the human race, preserved immune from original sin. Thus St. Gabriel could say, "Hail, full of grace!"
- Saint Lucy's CrowningMon, Dec 13Saint Aelred Catholic ChurchDec 13, 6:00 PMSaint Aelred Catholic Church, 4951 Macon Hwy, Bishop, GA 30621, USAThe old Catholic custom is for one young lady who inspires virtue to be crowned "St. Lucy" for the year. The crowning is meant to be fun and to inspire vocations to the Religious Life. All girls are welcome to come clad in a white robe with a green wreath for a crown. They'll sing hymn #4 "Rejoice."
- O' AntiphonsFri, Dec 17EverywhereDec 17, 12:00 AM – Dec 24, 5:59 PMEverywhere, 4951 Macon Hwy, Bishop, GA 30621, USAThe O' Antiphons come before and after the Magnificat at Evening Prayer. They became so popular they became devotional meditations for each of the 8 days leading up to Christmas singing "O come O come:" Sapientia, Adonai, Radix Jesse, Clavid David, Oriens, Rex Gentium, Emmanuel, & Virgo Virginum.
- Nine Lessons & CarolsThu, Dec 23Saint Aelred Catholic ChurchDec 23, 6:00 PMSaint Aelred Catholic Church, 4951 Macon Hwy, Bishop, GA 30621, USAThe traditional Christmas Eve service to prepare the faithful for the Christmas Vigil or Morning Mass. Nine prophecies are read with matching hymns about the coming of the The Christ. This includes the most famous of Christmas hymns.
- Christmas Eve MassFri, Dec 24Saint Aelred Catholic ChurchDec 24, 10:30 PMSaint Aelred Catholic Church, 4951 Macon Hwy, Bishop, GA 30621, USAChristmas at Night, 12/24, starts at 10:30 PM. Mass begins with the Ancient Proclamation of the Nativity. Come for a beautiful candlelit service to usher in the Nativity of our Saviour. Celebration in the Parish Hall for all who wish to stay a spell.
- Christmas Morning MassSat, Dec 25Saint Aelred Catholic Church
- The Holy Family of Jesus, Mary, & JosephSun, Dec 26Saint Aelred Catholic ChurchDec 26, 10:30 AMSaint Aelred Catholic Church, 4951 Macon Hwy, Bishop, GA 30621, USAHoly Day of Obligation. This Feast occurs the first Sunday after Christmas Day. Even though we will go to Mass for Christmas on Saturday, it is still an obligation to go to Mass on Sunday, meaning we're all going to get two Christmas Masses back to back this year, on 12/25 & 12/26.
- Mary, Holy Mother of GodSat, Jan 01Saint Aelred Catholic ChurchJan 01, 2022, 10:30 AMSaint Aelred Catholic Church, 4951 Macon Hwy, Bishop, GA 30621, USAHoly Day of Obligation: The 8th Day of Christmas, the Christmas Octave, the Feast of the Circumcision, etc. On this day Jesus was circumcised on the 8th day after his Nativity to put him under The Law, that he might fulfill it for us, receiving his name, "Jesus" or "Joshua," meaning "YHWH saves."
- 'Boy Bishop' for St. Nicholas DayMon, Dec 06Saint Aelred Catholic ChurchDec 06, 6:00 PMSaint Aelred Catholic Church, 4951 Macon Hwy, Bishop, GA 30621, USAThe "Boy Bishop" is chosen on the feast of St. Nicholas to urge boys to the Priesthood and to remind clergy of the need for humility. The boy used to take the priest's seat at the Magnificat, "He hath put down the mighty from their seat, * and hath exalted the humble and meek."
- Winter EmbertideWed, Dec 01EverywhereDec 01, 12:00 AM – Dec 04, 11:59 PMEverywhere, 4951 Macon Hwy, Bishop, GA 30621, USAWinter Ember Days are for praying for vocations, especially to the Priesthood & the Religious Life. Friday the 3rd is an OBLIGATORY DAY OF ABSTINENCE for all Ordinariate members. It is fitting to pray the Collect for Vocations as well as The Litany.