- Trinitytide TermMon, Aug 16Saint Aelred Catholic ChurchAug 16, 8:00 AM – Aug 20, 1:00 PMSaint Aelred Catholic Church, 4951 Macon Hwy, Bishop, GA 30621, USAA Kid's (9+) Summer Day Camp including Hymnody & Chant, Ecclesial Sewing for girls, Altar Server Training for boys, & Ecclesial Latin for both. Everything learned will be used at The Mass at the end of the week. Registration required, see ThomasMoreAcademy.org
- Autumn Ember DaysWed, Sep 15EverywhereSep 15, 12:00 AM – Sep 18, 11:59 PMEverywhereThe Autumn Embertide falls on September 15th, 17th, & 18th and ushers in The Fall. Friday the 17th is an OBLIGATORY DAY OF ABSTINENCE (ie no meat) for all members of the Ordinariate. We fast and pray these days for vocations, especially to the Priesthood.
- Michaelmas Term StartsThu, Sep 23Saint Thomas More Academy
- Our Lady of WalsinghamFri, Sep 24Saint Aelred Catholic ChurchSep 24, 6:00 PMSaint Aelred Catholic Church, 4951 Macon Hwy, Bishop, GA 30621, USAEvening Prayer at 6:00 PM. Autumn foods, pies, and mulled wine at 6:30 PM. An apparition of Mary to Lady Richeldis of Norfolk who built the Holy House, a duplicate of the dimensions of the home Jesus grew up in. Our Lady of Walsingham is the official Patroness of the Ordinariate.
- All SoulsTue, Nov 02Saint Aelred Catholic ChurchNov 02, 6:00 PMSaint Aelred Catholic Church, 4951 Macon Hwy, Bishop, GA 30621, USARequiem Mass for the Commemoration for All the Faithful Departed followed by the Litany and Lantern-Lit walk to pray for the dead at Bishop Cemetery. There is a Plenary Indulgence for any who pray for the dead this day along with the normal indulgence conditions.
- Greening of the Church for AdventSun, Nov 21Saint Aelred Catholic ChurchNov 21, 12:00 PM – Nov 27, 8:00 PMSaint Aelred Catholic Church, 4951 Macon Hwy, Bishop, GA 30621, USAThis custom comes from Anglo-Saxton times when ever green garlands, wreaths, and candles are put out in parishes and homes during the cold, dark wintry days to remind the faithful that life survives the darkness of the shortened winter day and a reminder to stay vigil during Advent.
- Start of AdventSun, Nov 28Saint Aelred Catholic ChurchNov 28, 12:00 AMSaint Aelred Catholic Church, 4951 Macon Hwy, Bishop, GA 30621, USAAdvent marks the start of a New Liturgical Year. We'll have some "New Year's" treats after the 10:30 AM Sunday Mass at brunch. Don't forget to put up your wreaths, garlands, and vigil candles in the windows. Compline is a great devotion for the season to prepare for Christmas!
- Winter EmbertideWed, Dec 01EverywhereDec 01, 12:00 AM – Dec 04, 11:59 PMEverywhere, 4951 Macon Hwy, Bishop, GA 30621, USAWinter Ember Days are for praying for vocations, especially to the Priesthood & the Religious Life. Friday the 3rd is an OBLIGATORY DAY OF ABSTINENCE for all Ordinariate members. It is fitting to pray the Collect for Vocations as well as The Litany.
- 'Boy Bishop' for St. Nicholas DayMon, Dec 06Saint Aelred Catholic ChurchDec 06, 6:00 PMSaint Aelred Catholic Church, 4951 Macon Hwy, Bishop, GA 30621, USAThe "Boy Bishop" is chosen on the feast of St. Nicholas to urge boys to the Priesthood and to remind clergy of the need for humility. The boy used to take the priest's seat at the Magnificat, "He hath put down the mighty from their seat, * and hath exalted the humble and meek."
- The Immaculate ConceptionWed, Dec 08Saint Aelred Catholic ChurchDec 08, 6:00 PMSaint Aelred Catholic Church, 4951 Macon Hwy, Bishop, GA 30621, USAMass 6 PM. A HOLY DAY OF OBLIGATION. St. Mary was, from the first moment of her conception, by a singular grace and privilege of almighty God and by virtue of the merits of Jesus Christ, Savior of the human race, preserved immune from original sin. Thus St. Gabriel could say, "Hail, full of grace!"
- Saint Lucy's CrowningMon, Dec 13Saint Aelred Catholic ChurchDec 13, 6:00 PMSaint Aelred Catholic Church, 4951 Macon Hwy, Bishop, GA 30621, USAThe old Catholic custom is for one young lady who inspires virtue to be crowned "St. Lucy" for the year as a compliment to the St. Nicholas Boy Bishop. The crowning is meant to be fun and to inspire vocations to the Religious Life.
- O' AntiphonsFri, Dec 17EverywhereDec 17, 12:00 AM – Dec 24, 5:59 PMEverywhere, 4951 Macon Hwy, Bishop, GA 30621, USAThe O' Antiphons come before and after the Magnificat at Evening Prayer. They became so popular they became devotional meditations for each of the 8 days leading up to Christmas singing "O come O come:" Sapientia, Adonai, Radix Jesse, Clavid David, Oriens, Rex Gentium, Emmanuel, & Virgo Virginum.
- Nine Lessons & CarolsFri, Dec 24Saint Aelred Catholic ChurchDec 24, 6:00 PMSaint Aelred Catholic Church, 4951 Macon Hwy, Bishop, GA 30621, USAThe traditional Christmas Eve service to prepare the faithful for the Christmas Vigil or Morning Mass. Nine prophecies are read with matching hymns about the coming of the The Christ. This includes the most famous of Christmas hymns.